Role Type: Year Long Industrial Placement
Babcock is a leading Rail Systems business that supports our client across the UK and Ireland in keeping our railways safe and operational 365 days a year. We work in partnership with our clients to plan and deliver a variety of renewals and complex enhancements in a safe and secure manner. Our involvement ranges across all technical areas of the railway system and provides our client with leading engineering and management solutions.
Our works are delivered through partnering and collaborative arrangements with our client with a focus on longer term framework agreements. We hold BS11000 accreditation, the quality standard for Collaborative Business Relationships. We recognise the importance of working together with all our stakeholders and developing long term, mutually beneficial relationships with them.
If you are due to take a placement in industry as part of your degree, we can offer you invaluable real-world experience through our Industrial Placement scheme. We offer a range of benefits including the opportunity to earn whilst you learn, develop invaluable business skills and take a step towards your full-time career.
What you will be doing
- Undertaking Social value benchmarking across the UK and Ireland.
- Creation and formation of social value plan for Babcock rail.
- Creating presentations for Schools across NI for all age groups and abilities. Regarding Railways, Environment, Biodiversity and engineering.
- Visiting schools and community groups across NI
- Creating initiatives within local communities/groups to fulfil Babcock’s Social Value Goals.
- Liaising with management to achieve and seek funding for local community initiative
- Development of monthly reporting system to the Babcock management team including creating posters and social media posts.
- Ability to speak confidently on behalf of Babcock in high level client meetings in the absence of line manager regarding social value initiatives.
- Ability to liaise with supply chain to create further social value scoring opportunities.
- Assist the environmental advisor with day to day tasks as required
- Recording and analysis of environmental/social data
What you will get out of it
You will spend your year long placement getting hands-on with social value and environmental initiatives across a range of Babcock rail sites. This role would be ideal for anyone hoping to work in Environment and sustainability.
What you will need
- To be studying a relevant Degree
- To be able to satisfy the requirements of the drugs and Alcohol policy prior to working on any Northern Ireland Rail site